Re: Intermittent poor running

To: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Subject: Re: Intermittent poor running
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:28:47 +0100
Hi Richard,
Check the intake manifold for cracks/looseness...
Couple of years ago a guy on the list spent months with a similar problem (eg
leaning out engine when hot)
Discovered a crack in the intake manifold that opened up when it was heated...
Long shot, I know, but worth a look
I guess otherwise, are you running electronic ignition?
Is the coil good?
Are the pistons in the carbs moving freely, and not binding when they get up to
temp..?
No crap intermitently blocking the float bowl jets?
Just a few of the things that I can think of...
Cheers
Tim

Richard Gosling wrote:

--