Windshield trim

To: firespiter@yahoo.com
Subject: Windshield trim
From: " Dave Fain" <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 00:45:30 +0800
It's been a while since I installed mine, but I remember that I put the
windshield in place and installed the trim last.  One suggestion for
you.  After you get the trim into place and cut off the left over trim,
save the piece you cut off.  You will need it to fill the gap when the
trim shrinks and the chrome finisher falls off, which it eventually will.
Dave

      Does anyone have any tips/hints/suggestions for
      installing the windshield trim on a windscreen gasket?
      I know the trick with using a piece of rope and some
      liquid soap to install a window, but I don't want to
      bend-up my trim.