Windshield trim

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Windshield trim
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 09:25:22 -0700 (PDT)
Does anyone have any tips/hints/suggestions for
installing the windshield trim on a windscreen gasket?
I know the trick with using a piece of rope and some
liquid soap to install a window, but I don't want to
bend-up my trim.

I've heard it's easier to install it prior to putting
the windshield in the car. But should I install the
trim in the gasket, THEN try to put the gasket on the
glass before putting the whole assembly on the car? OR
should I put the gasket on the windshield and with the
gasket in place (having the correct form) try to
install the trim, and then install the assembly?

Any other tips?
-Terry
'76 Spit 1500 (Car should be back from the shop this week)