Re: Rear covers?

To: Andre Rousseau <andrer@mac.com>,
Subject: Re: Rear covers?
From: Dean Rayner <dean_rayner@mac.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2001 09:47:44 +0100
>Is this correct or are the shorter than they are supposed to
>be.

I think that is correct for a MKIII.

>From some the picts I've seen it looks like they are supposed to go right to
>the back of the 2 front seats.

Some models did.

>What is that area right behind the front seats used for?

Nothing!  Whatever you want!

>If I did not know better I would think back seats?

It was an option on MKII (GT6+) in the UK at least.  My MKII has one...totally
useles though.  The only useful thing it does is stop things sliding forward
under breaking.

>Also my cover splits in 2, one side over the spare tire the other over the
>tank. Is it supposed to be a 1 piece?
 No, two pieces is normal.

>All I know is I'm changing it over the winter they make a lot of noise when
>I'm driving.

Try sticking strips of rubber between the wood and the metal of the car.

Dean.