Re: Ok, I'm stumped

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ok, I'm stumped
From: Ben Miller <no1-bronco-fan@home.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 21:32:56 -0700
First off,
Thanks to all who responded to my dilemma. I'm not sure I could handle owning a
Spit without the resource of this list!

Now,
Woo-hoo! I took Bitsy out again tonight intentionally to get her to stall. I
headed out toward the Oregon coast, being sure to get gas on the way out of
town.
As I climbed out of the Willamette Valley the temperature started to drop so I
pulled off to put on a jacket so I could continue my drive. Before I could get
under way again, she stalled. This was what I was looking for. I reached behind
me and flipped up the fuel filler cover (or whatever that chrome doo-hickey is
called) and heard air drawing into the tank. Here came the moment of truth. I
cranked the engine and she fired right up! No hesitation, no problem. Special
thanks to Greg Rowe. Without you mentioning that "whooshing" sound when I open
the tank I probably would have spent hundreds tracking the problem down

--
Ben Miller
'79 Spit - "Bitsy"