Re: PDWA and most desired unobtainable part

To: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: PDWA and most desired unobtainable part
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 09:39:06 -0700
Jeff McNeal wrote:

> That's a real good one.  But here's a potential workaround in the meantime.
> I've been told by a vendor that the GT6 rear hatch seal (still available)
> works well for this.  Better than the front windshield seal, even, because it
> has a lower profile more like the original seal.  I have no personal
> experiencing in trying this out yet, but I plan to.

Another possibility there is older VW Beetles.  THe design of the seal is
pretty much the same between those cars and the Spit.  There are enough
variations in the front, side and rear windows through the years on the Beetle
that chances are one can find  one that is the right size.  Since I
don't have the required measurements of the Spit rear seal, I could not check
it against the windshield seal from my daughter's 65 Bug.   But it's
worth a bit of research, I'm sure!

Joe