Re: shaved handles and paint

To: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shaved handles and paint
From: Dan Canaan <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 12:12:25 -0700
I've had one car done by Maaco.  Prepwork was definately necessary as they
mask off headlights, taillights, and glass...that's all.  Bumpers, grills,
everything else gets shot with paint.  Back in the 80's that wasn't a great
thing to do- today it's the rage to have body colored components.  Maybe
Maaco started a trend?

Anyways, I pulled all chrome and removable bits from a 78 Pontiac Sunbird
and it repainted black after I had fixed the minor body damage here and
there.  Turned out quite well.

I think it's reasonable to go to the paint shop and ask to see a car that
they just painted to see the results.  Photos are one thing, seeing the
results in person are another.  Before and after, if you have the time to
visit both times, would be even better.
 |             |   1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk III   *   Furry Artist      |
 |             |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |    Canaan   |     ConiFur NorthWest 2001 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |