Re: Spitfire fuel economy update

To: "Ken St.John at Twangdemonium" <stjohnkj@twangdemonium.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire fuel economy update
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 22:53:47 -0700
"Ken St.John at Twangdemonium" wrote:

> OK, I'm not as ambitious as Joe Curry and the Spit-list but so far I have 9
> entries in my little fuel economy survey.  Based on what listers have told me,
> averages in miles/US gallon are 26.3 city, 31.0 hi-way, and 26.0 combined.  So
> far it is hard to draw many conclusions except non-OD cars fair better than OD
> cars!  Go ahead and send me your data and I'll throw it in the mix:
>
> Year, Engine, Fuel economy - note if city, hi-way, or combined and US or UK
> gallon.  Any other notes like  type of carbs, etc.
>
> Ken St.John and no longer thirsty but now "average 1500 "Ginger"

Ken,
Tiny Tim was getting about 1.5 gallons per event.  At an average of .7 miles
per run and 4 runs per event that totals about 2.8 miles per 1.5 gallons
or about 1.87 miles per gallon.  Now bear in mint that is in US gallons.  It
would be better in imperial gallons.  And at an average of about
$4.00/gallon for racing fuel...   oh well never mind!  YOu wouldn't want to
make any long trips!!   :)

I should get significantly better mileage with the VTEC engine!!!

Joe