Spitfire fuel economy update

To: "Spitfire bulletin board" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire fuel economy update
From: "Ken St.John at Twangdemonium" <stjohnkj@twangdemonium.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 20:28:56 -0700
OK, I'm not as ambitious as Joe Curry and the Spit-list but so far I have 9
entries in my little fuel economy survey.  Based on what listers have told me,
averages in miles/US gallon are 26.3 city, 31.0 hi-way, and 26.0 combined.  So
far it is hard to draw many conclusions except non-OD cars fair better than OD
cars!  Go ahead and send me your data and I'll throw it in the mix:

Year, Engine, Fuel economy - note if city, hi-way, or combined and US or UK
gallon.  Any other notes like  type of carbs, etc.

Ken St.John and no longer thirsty but now "average 1500 "Ginger"