Re: Seatbelts & Bumpers

To: Ben Miller <no1-bronco-fan@home.com>
Subject: Re: Seatbelts & Bumpers
From: reed mideke <rfm@redshift.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:45:38 -0700
Ben Miller wrote:
[...]
> Also, what do you all think of removing/replacing the big black (ugly)
> bumpers? I've heard that the metal parts of the rear bumper can be made
> to look quite nice with a minimum of effort.

Without getting to the 'which is better' debate...
The last bumpers (79-80) are entirely black, and don't have
a nice chrome bumper underneath. With the earlier bumpers, you
can just take of the rear over-riders, and you have a nice
thin chrome bumper with a couple of bolt holes in it.
For the front, you will want something to cover the bonnet hinges.
(over-riders  from a 73, perhaps.)
I have neither on my car, and it looks ok, IMHO.

Switching a 79/80 to the earlier bumper style (73-78) should not
be very difficult.

--
Free Dmitry!                    http://www.freesklyarov.org/