Re: Ram Air debate

To: <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Ram Air debate
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 06:33:58 -0400
Size (length) of the stacks didn't seem to really matter.  What did matter was
the
shape of the bell.  It was crucial that it be well turned, with a minimum
radius of 1/4"
and an arc of at least 180 degrees.  A set of funnel like ram pipes performed
worse then no ram pipe at all.

This is my recollection of what David Vizard wrote in one of his books dealing
with SU carburetors and their performance characteristics.  It is not my ideas,
or even my experiences (haven't done velocity stacks on an SU yet).  I have
seen similar results with motorcycle carburetors though, and even Holley
carburetors.

>>> "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk> 08/23 3:56 AM >>>
What sort of Velocity stacks?
The triumphtune catalogue recomend very short ones that fit into the K&Ns. I was
going to do this, but if you have better ideas?