Spitfire 1500 seats

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire 1500 seats
From: "George Parker" <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 16:06:30 -0400
One question I would have is, "Exactly *how* original do you want them to
be??"

The reason I ask this is because when I bought my car (a '78 purchased in
June of '85), the seats were all torn up.  The stock fabric is pretty thin.
I took them to an automotive upholstery shop in Utica, NY and they replaced
the fabric, but not the vinyl, for about $90/seat.  The fabric is a GM
fabric (Chevette, if I recall correctly) and is much (MUCH!) sturdier than
original.  Only problem?  In the houndstooth pattern, what was originally
tan is white and what was originally white is tan.  To me it is no big deal,
you really can't tell unless you look REALLY closely and the color was a
perfect match.

Just another data point.

George P.