Re: When it rains, it pours...

To: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, <OC@46thFoot.com>,
Subject: Re: When it rains, it pours...
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 06:43:30 -0400
Nolan Penney stated:

> 15-40 too thin for summer?  That's a new one on me.  The 15 side of the
equation is so think it's usually not recommended for winter.  It requires
summer heat to be easily pumpable on a chilly morning.  40 weight is not
exactly heavy oil, but it's not thin either.  Unless you're cooking yourself
in Texas heat or something, the 40 weight side of the spread is quite
adeqate.

Isn't it the other way around? 15 weight is the thinner viscosity. In my
Spitfire and TR4, I run 40 or 50 weight in the summer because it is far
thicker. When the TR4 was my everyday car, ISTR using 20 weight in the
winter because it was thinner.

Cheers
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250)
  \ R I U M P /