Dual valve springs from VB

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Dual valve springs from VB
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:23:56 -0800 (PST)
I shouldn't knock Vicky Brit, because they've been
very fast and have a good deal of parts for our cars
(Hey, if you need a bulb or strange screw, they're the
place).

But I just received a set of competition dual valve
springs that I ordered from VB (not bad for $59.99),
but on counting them, I wind-up with four extra dual
springs. (E.g. there's 12 instead of 8). The packaging
has the correct part number 5622, but upon recounting
my cylinders, I'm pretty sure I only have 4 of them in
my 1.5 liter engine and only one inlet and exhaust
valve per cylinder.

I'm assuming that someone stuck the spitfire label on
a GT6 set or the catalog printing reversed the part
numbers (The other reason could be that someone can't
count and that there are simply too many of the
correct type).
The outter appear to have the same gauge wire, number
of coils and width diameter as the stock, but sit
about 1/8" higher than my original springs. Of course
my originals have been compressed for a few (20+)
years.

Does anyone know if the GT6 valve springs will work on
a spitfire head, or does anyone want to trade a set of
comp spit springs for these comp gt6 springs? (it's
about $80 for the gt6 set).

-Terry
'76 spit 1500 (at this rate the new engine will be
done  before the next decade...I hope).
http://auctions.yahoo.com/