Re: Dual valve springs from VB

To: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Dual valve springs from VB
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:41:35 -0500
Hi Terry.

I measured a set of outer springs and they all were very close to 1.49". The
book says free length is 1.52". After installation, the length should be 1.342"

The new inner springs (Rimmer Bros.) I have are 1.22" and the book says they
should be 1.14". The fitted length is 1.010".

Unless you also got the spring seat that is special for dual springs, you wont'
be able to install the inner springs.

I have the other dimensions of the springs if you need them.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario