Re: RE: Basically worthless message, but I feel better!

To: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>,
Subject: Re: RE: Basically worthless message, but I feel better!
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 14:17:48 -0700
> When I was little, everybody drove 2wd sedans instead of SUVs,
> AND they didn't dump 100 tons of salt on the roads every time
> a bit of snow fell, AND all-season radials had not been invented,
> AND winters were colder!
>
> I wondered how anyone made it through the winter then!
>
> Doug Braun
> '72 Spit

Really! I remember when we had to take the Caddy and the Chevy every year and
have studded snow tires put on, and every spring go and have them changed back.
I remember my step-dad insisting that our driving lessons take place on the
dirt, ice and snow covered mountain backroads ("If you can drive through
here-you'll be able to drive in any conditions!" and he was right!)

*sigh*-waxing nostalgic for the good old days when we were *real* men!
;-)

Laura G.