Re: Suspension Help needed

To: kimkell@decaturnet.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Suspension Help needed
From: PMostrom@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 11:32:39 EST
I've been 'tweaking'  my '77 trying to trim my times in auto-xing for the
last couple of years and found that a sway bar just makes the problem worse.
It solves any body roll but makes the back end break loose while running
through a slalom.

I run air shocks in the back and found that softening up the back lowers the
car, gives more negative camber to the rear wheels and improves handling
through the corners.  Anything you can do to lower the car helps the most.
Good sticky tires and stiff front springs,  a de-arched rear spring with an
extra leaf added is supposed to help as well.  I've not tried that, although
I've get a GT-6 rear spring which I plan on having de-arched once I change
tires to something I can fit under the wheel-wells (currently running
Yokohama AVS-I 205-60 r13's too much tire!) .

Thanks,
Paul M.
'77 1500