Re: Spitfire 1500 tools

To: "Eric Kieboom" <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>,
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 tools
From: "Laura G." <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 12:04:19 -0800
> In addition to all this, I carry a jack,

A jack? Why? I have a lovely original-doesn't work, so it only goes to
shows. AAA changes my tire if it's flat.

> a bottle of 20W50,

Only one? I always carry two. Not that I have any leaks that big, but so
that
I "think" I have one and it turns out I don't.

>a fire extinguisher

And don't forget-doesn't do much good in the boot-keep it in the cockpit and
easily accessible!

>and a photocopied
> workshop manual.

Check!

I also carry the rags, a car cover, and a nice little basic sort of tool kit
in a canvas airplane mechanics tool bag. I have found those plastic ties
invaluable. Electrical tape. Rubber gloves.

Laura G.
Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!