Fabricating radiator hoses

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fabricating radiator hoses
From: flinters <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:47:00 -0800 (PST)
A trick we used at NAPA for applications that needed custom radiator hoses
made (construction equipment especially) was to find a hose that had most
of the bends you wanted in it.  Don't worry so much about the end- just
before the final bend in a straight section, we would cut the hose, insert
a piece of stainless steel exhaust pipe, then secure it all with hose
clamps.  You end up with a nice swivel joint you can lock in whatever
position you want.  This works out very well to combine different hoses in
custom configurations.  You can also make the pipe completely covered by
the hose at the joint by making the pipe only 3" or so long, or extend the
pipe for a longer spanned distance.

* Flinthoof Ponypal                                                 *
* Vegaman Dan                                                       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com            Ponypics!                   *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/spitfire   1968 Triumph Spitfire       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/roomies    Roomies! online comic strip *