Manual for general knowledge.

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Manual for general knowledge.
From: "Paul Cartwright" <pcart@willinet.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 20:50:57 -0800
I do not own a Spitfire, yet, and I do not have a lot of automotive
knowledge, yet.  Which manual would be the best one to get for general
knowledge, Hanyes, Bentley, or The Factory Service Manual?

I would like to purchase one manual so that I can picture what you are
talking about, and see how things work.  I will purchase the others when I
purchase a car.

I believe I am looking for plenty of drawings, photographs, and an overview
of the different systems on the car.  I do not need very technical
information like the torque for bolts, etc.

Thank you,
Paul Cartwright
Ottumwa, IA