Re: (NON-LBC) RE: air compressor line advice...

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Subject: Re: (NON-LBC) RE: air compressor line advice...
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 23:37:30 -0500
Nolan Penney wrote:

> Sure it can handle it, if you use the right type.  Then it's rated up to
> around 400 psi, and some change.  Even the thin walled cheap stuff routinely
> handles the nominal 60 psi of residential water systems.

  I really don't want to open this again, but the problem
isn't holding the pressure...at least at first.

  Because of the rising and falling pressure, the PVC
is stretched slightly over and over. Over thousands of
hours, it gets brittle, and it can shatter.

  Granted, it's likely not the "russian roulette" that
some people might love to say it is, but all the same,
why not use a better product?

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca