Re: Spit Carb part missing - WANTED

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Spit Carb part missing - WANTED
From: Atwell Haines <karbuff@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:11:45 -0500
At 04:17 PM 1/24/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Atwell,
>The point is that the ZS is harder to tune and IMHO not as reliable as a
>good ole SU.
>
>Joe

Point taken about tuning for power. Reliability? I don't know, there are
many carb threads started every year for ZS, SU and even Weber!

As far as tuning a ZS for proper running, I will admit that my experience
was hard-fought at times!  But now I know which screws to turn and which
parts to tweak, so it's a piece of cake. BTW I can sync dual carbs too...I
think they are double the fun!!!  %-)

But to get back to the Temperature Compensator for Steph... unfortunately
my sole spare carb doesn't use one.

Atwell
'79 Spitfire (passes emissions easily and gets 32 MPG with good driveability)