Re: Spit Carb part missing - WANTED

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>,
Subject: Re: Spit Carb part missing - WANTED
From: Atwell Haines <karbuff@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 18:05:38 -0500
At 08:58 AM 1/24/2001 -0700, Joe Curry wrote:

>Steph,
>In my humble opinion, 2 HS2's are still less trouble than 1 ZS.  My
>recommendation is to rebuild the SU's and you'll thank yourself
>later.
>
>Joe

You guys are really too "down" on the ZS.  IMHO of course!

Yeah, the SUs make more power, but a properly-operating ZS works fine on a
stock US spec Spit. (I'm not including the water choke, my ZS is converted
to manual choke)

Atwell "I have vanquished the Stromberg Monster" Haines
'79 Spitfire (with ZS CD150 carb, not touched in 2 years except for dashpot
oil)
Succasunna, NJ USA