Re: Is Triumph coming Back???

To: "Bowen, Patrick" <pbowen@intellinetics.com>
Subject: Re: Is Triumph coming Back???
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:29:22 -0700
"Bowen, Patrick" wrote:

> Actually costs last I checked, and its been a while were about $350, but add
> to that all the other fees and not including time or lawyer expenses and you
> are talking over a thousand.  Enough to keep from doing becuase of boredom.
> And I do not believe that BMW would be doing as well as it is, if it did not
> a a form of logic driving it.  The guys in stuttgart aren't idiots.

Aren't idiots? They bought Rover, didn't they? <smile> And they aren't
doing _that_ well... they are not a huge manufacturer, in global terms,
and they were hemorrhaging money through Rover. That's why they sold
it--not to make money on the deal--but to stop a flow of money out of
the company that would have broken them in another couple of years.

> I for one look forward to Triumph comeback, if it happens.

Certainly, most of us would find that possibility very interesting. It
just doesn't seem very likely, based on the evidence. If it does, it
would very likely be a rebadge, rather than a new product with a new
character, and I don't think a rebadge would greatly appeal to many.

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM