Re: Triumphs on TV?

To: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@uswest.net>,
Subject: Re: Triumphs on TV?
From: "Randy Woodward" <r.woodward@home.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 19:34:16 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@uswest.net>
To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 7:39 PM
Subject: Triumphs on TV?

> I know this has probably been asked before....
>
> Were there any Triumph ads on TV in the late 70s, or 1980? I mean, the
TR-8
> is just screaming for a commercial with a Gary Numan like tune playing in
> the background

There was a Spitfire commercial that featured a Spit driver breaking hard to
check out a girl in a bikini, with the voiceover "Spitfire. It stops when
you want to." When the girl's huge boyfriend shows up, the driver zooms off
to the voice over "Spitfire. It *goes* when you want to."

Then there are the TR7 "shape of things to come" bits, with the annoying
"boop boop boop boop" music and the wedge shaped garage.

When Midas started carrying mufflers for foreign cars, they had "owners"
saying something cutesy like "A victory for my Volvo" and a mousy girl
saying "A triumph for my Triumph." She was sitting on the bonnet of a
Spitty, as I recall.