Re: Carb Rebuild Questions (long)

To: "Bob Harris" <gharris@rochester.rr.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Rebuild Questions (long)
From: "Bruce Hestand" <bhestand@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 18:37:17 -0500
Yes, the Allen wrench is my brand new "carb adjustment tool" and it's nice
and square.

At your suggestion, I tried my MM wrenches and a 3mm seems to be gripping
inside the screw.  Unfortunately it seems to turn, but looking down the
shaft (not easy to see) it appears that the screw itself is not turning?
The screw is definitely gripping the wrench, when I pull on the wrench while
turning it is "stuck" in the screw, but nothing is happening at the needle
end of the air valve.  The sleeve around the needle is sticking out approx
1/64' from the air valve surface but that surely isn't as much as it should
have.

The screw just turns and turns...  There seems to be some drag during the
turn so i'm assuming the screw hasn't snapped.

I'm thinking I might try getting a drill bit down there and maybe epoxying a
screw in.  We'll see.

Thanks for the idea.