Re: Carb Rebuild Questions (long)

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Rebuild Questions (long)
From: "Bruce Hestand" <bhestand@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 23:59:20 -0500
Thanks Frank,

I soaked and hacked at the bakelite and eventually it came off.

That's the good news...

On further examination it appears that the DPO (myself in this case) has
managed over the years to round off the internal allen socket that the carb
adjusting tool fits into. When I turn the wrench nothing is happening.
Can't see an obvious way to get the screw out of the air valve.

Best I can guess is a new air valve, any idea if these need to be matched to
the carb body?  TRF, Moss and SpitBits don't show a part number for ordering
an air valve all by its lonesome.

Not looking good...

Bruce
'80 Spitfire - currently Carbless