Road rage

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Road rage
From: Playswithcarz@cs.com
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 14:52:42 EST
a simler thread was on the list for a while. Back before I dropped off the
list and I thought you guys who drive your LBCs alot and have problems with
other vehicles that are bigger than you, arn't they all.

The following happened in my Aerostar.....

I damn near got caught up in it to day. I was driving up the high way to work
at just over 65 in the slow lane. The cars and trucks were whizzing by in the
other lanes. While  in my truck (van) I am usually not in a hurry. Down the
entrance ramp comes a car right passed the YIELD sign. The guy cuts across
the painted line wedge shaped area that separates the ramp and the highway
and pulls in front of me. I jammed on the brakes and nearly hit the fool and
he proceeds up the highway at 55. There is no way to pass because of the
other traffic and I am pissed. I saw a spot and pulled out to pass and as I
passed I wave my hand in a "F****** FOOL" manner. A short way up the road I
saw some motion in my mirror and it was the FOOL. He pulled out to lane three
and started to pass, real close to me so I gave the steering wheel a hard
yank to and fro. At the point where he passed and he cut in hard and real
close, my sanity cut in and I lifted my foot to give the needed extra inch.

I'm still pissed.

And this isn't the first time some one has cut me off. I checked the front of
my van and there is no sign on it saying "PLEASE PISS ME OFF". Last month an
18 wheeler (a frog from Canada) forced me off the road (Oh and I was doing
almost 70) at the point where  the 4 lanes become 3. Just as my lanes goes
missing the truck pulls up out side of me.

Arthur H. Smith   drinking coffee to calm down
If you are going to make mistakes, why don't you make smart mistakes.
93 Ford Aerostar on firestones.
1982 Jag XJ6  with 4 speed AOD  (and thinking about a 3.31 or 3.54 rear)
1969 GT6 resto project
No V12 yet but working on it. <)8^})