RE: Road Rage

To: "Spitfires-Digest" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Road Rage
From: "Tim Doyle" <tdoyle3@berkshire.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 14:10:57 -0500
While I agree that this guy was in the wrong for cutting you off and all
that I have to state that almost nothing pisses me off more in this world
than somebody who won't get out of the slow lane when I'm trying to merge
onto the freeway.  One of the single most dangerous things to do is to stop
on the on ramp and wait for a hole in the oncoming traffic.  Whenever I am
faced with that kind of merging situation, the first thing I do is jam on
the gas and try to beat someone to the next hole in traffic...usually they
do not do the courteous thing and slow down or speed up or even make an
attempt to move over, any one of which would be a common courtesy.

I'm not trying to single you out here as you stated that you had nowhere to
go and the guy cut across the point on the ramp where he is supposed to
floor it so he can merge safely, so I'm not trying to assign blame to you or
anyone else specific here, just speaking my mind.

Tim
'64 Spit
'94 Taurus SHO ATX

> I damn near got caught up in it today. I was driving up the high way to
work
> at just over 65 in the slow lane. The cars and trucks were whizzing by in
the
> other lanes. While  in my truck (van) I am usually not in a hurry. Down
the
> entrance ramp comes a car right passed the YIELD sign. The guy cuts across
> the painted line wedge shaped area that separates the ramp and the highway
> and pulls in front of me. I jammed on the brakes and nearly hit the fool
and
> he proceeds up the highway at 55. There is no way to pass because of the
> other traffic and I am pissed. I saw a spot and pulled out to pass and as
> passed I wave my hand in a "F****** FOOL" manner. A short way up the road
> saw some motion in my mirror and it was the FOOL. He pulled out to lane
three
> and started to pass, real close to me so I gave the steering wheel a hard
> yank to and fro. At the point where he passed and he cut in hard and real
> close, my sanity cut in and I lifted my foot to give the needed extra
inch.