RE: Zmax

To: "'mark holbrook'" <rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Zmax
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 06:23:24 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: mark holbrook [mailto:rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2000 5:23 PM
To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Zmax

Ok, now I'm not one to be all about engine additives
or those other gimmicks, but I was watching
speedvision today and they had a 1 hour info show on
this product called Zmax.  It goes in your engine,
fuel system and trans.  I watched it compete with
Prolong, Slick 50 and others in dissolving carbon at
high temperatures and I was amazed.  The Zmax
dissolved carbo in about 5 minutes while the others
tried.  I will give prolong some credit though, it was
doing something, but slowly.  Anyway, I am going ot
get it.  $40 and I think I will spare using it on the
OD Trans because of how delicate they are.  If anyone
else wants some call 800-213-9988.
Mark 1969 GT6 Convertable

=====
-Mark Holbrook-

Mark,

Are you using a good, high quality oil in your gearbox? If
yes, you don't need any additive. If no, use some good, high
quality oil and you won't need any additive.

These additives are quite often known as snake oil. The only
good that they do is to line the sellers pocket with cash.
If you search on the internet, there are several articles
on additives and snake oil.

My 2 cents worth.

Doug

--