Re: Keys...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Keys...
From: Greg Ames <greg.ames.90@alum.dartmouth.org>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 13:10:06 -0400
At 23:06 5/14/00 -0400, "Stephen Hall" <shall@fastpointcom.com> wrote:
>One thing I would like to do, however, is have another key
>made for my ignition. I still have the ORIGINAL key and won't like to
>hold on to that one.. Any ideas where I can get an original blank or
>something close? I've tried local hardware stores and locksmiths, but
>they've been no luck. It's a '70 Mk 3. The key number begins with  FS.

I have a '72 MkIV, so this info may or may not help you...  I had no luck
at local hardware stores, but the local locksmith was able to make keys
with standard blanks.  They are:

Ignition, ILCO# FT6R
Door, Taylor X3 (says "Fits Mazda" on the back; I think it's a Mazda
ignition key)
Trunk, ILCO 62FT F68YT

They had the Taylor blank in stock, but had to order the Ilco's.  The price
was't worse than usual (3 sets for ~$15, I think).

Greg