Re: Soft top

To: "shall" <shall@mail.fastpointcom.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Soft top
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 17:20:09 -0400
Steve Hall asked:
>   I just ordered a Robbins convertible top for my 1970 Spitfire Mk 3. My
question is: do these typically come with frames? The top that is currently
on the vehicle fits very poorly, with WIDE gaps between the side of the top
and the top of the side windows. I guess I'm wondering if the frame that is
presently on the vehicle will fit the new top I ordered?

No they do not. You get the top material...very nice...and a bag of snaps to
attach it to the existing frame. You'll need to drill out the existing
fasteners to use the header and rear support bars. Be sure to fit a new
rubber header seal and maybe side rubber seals (at the windshield) at the
same time. Hope this helps.
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250)
  \ R I U M P /