Re: Replacing shift lever boot

To: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>,
Subject: Re: Replacing shift lever boot
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 21:02:32 -0500
That's the correct procedure.  The first time I tried to take the knob off my
O/D tranny,
I loosened the chrome conical nut, and I assumed the knob would simply unscrew.
I tried so hard that I put a twist in the shift lever!

Fortunately neither wire going to the switch carries straight 12 volts.
Otherwise
Spits would have even more electrical fires than they do!

Doug Braun
'72 Spit