Re: Looking fora strange part

To: griffco@mail.cadvision.com
Subject: Re: Looking fora strange part
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:16:53 -0500 (EST)
According to Fred Griffiths:

> Hi Bill,
>     Being in the process of  getting a local muffler shop to build an exhaust
> pipe for  my 74 Spit, I can say that  they did find a flange they'd cut off
> some other piece if pipe.  They  also had the triangular gasket.

Triangular gasket??  Maybe the 74 is different as it probably doesn't
have a catalytic converter, but the flange is triangular, the "gasket"
is a beveled circle of iron.  Fits in the flared ends of the tailpipe
and catalytic converter which are then clamped together by the 2 flanges
and 3 bolts.

I have had anumber of people tell me they just went to a muffler shop
and bought one.  I will probably try my favorite car parts place first
as I feel if he's got it he deserves the business.  Kind of like how
people here feel about TRF.

All the best.

bill

bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.