1979 spitfire

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 1979 spitfire
From: david <engstrom@tstonramp.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:53:42 -0800
        Hello to everyone on this great list.

  I just purchased a 1979 spitfire and I have a few questions for you
guys:
1. It has 13x6jj eight spoke mags with 205/60 tires. The wheels are
stamped "performance" and "WIA".  I need a lug nut for these wheels.
Anyone know where these wheels came from? Anyone have a lug nut  for
sale?
2. I need to smog the car and all the necessary parts seem to be there
except for the air filter, hot air intake, hot air hose, and the air
valve/cleaner adaptor. In other words, I need  the air cleaner and its
associated parts for this California car. Anyone have these for sale?
3. The sway bar mounting bracket on the lower right A-arm is broken.
Any tips on a fix would be appreciated.
4. How the heck do I keep the clutch arm pivot pin from falling out?
5. This car has a x700 electronic ignition. How do I time it?

     I've had the car for five days and so far I've replaced the
starter, fuel pump (straight arm without spacer-is this ok?), fuel
lines, and I am now having fun trying to get the u-joints apart for
replacement (knocking noise when driving the car).

Hi to Laura, I met you at Bracket Air field - Nigel is beautiful!

Thanks from David in San Dimas, CA.