Re: gas prices - YIKES!

To: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>, <LaJoMor@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: gas prices - YIKES!
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:13:06 -0800
> But if you fill up ahead, it serves no purpose.  You are still buying 'x'
> gallons of gas...   The only real way to make an impact would be to use
the
> bus that day  --  or walk  --  or car pool  --  or ride a bike...   and
even
> then, it might not make a bit of difference as the whole thing is, in my
> mind, political...

If I had a bike (I don't), or there were others who actually worked my shift
and didn't have errands to run after work and lived in the area, or-and this
is the biggie-where I live-I could always get to work on the bus-but it
stopped running way before it was time for me to go home. Unfortunately,
Orange County is not known for it's convenient mass transit. (Or the
co-operation of employers to arrange schedules facilitating car pooling and
the bus schedules.) We have to start developing better mass transit-as well
as encourage people - (I once got written up for asking for a ride home! I
got my ride-but I got a reprimand for ASKING.) Though, in the service
industry (and this is turning more and more into a service industry based
economy here)-it's not always that easy to schedule this. But, there has got
to be more cooperation between employer and employees.

Yes, it is a great deal political-even more of a reason to protest! And hit
them where they feel it the most- right in the profits!

Laura G.

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!