Re: Spitfire Facts & Figures

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Facts & Figures
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:46:00 -0000
The actual figures they quoted were as follows:

Mk I:    FC1 - FC44656
Mk II:   FC5001 - FC88904
Mk III:  FD1 - FD15306
         FD20000 - FD515967
         FD75000 - FD92803
Mk IV:   FH3 - FH64995
1500:    FH75001 on
         FM28001 on (USA)

So wherever they got their figures, FD16410 wasn't covered at all.

As Laura suggested, 'Curry & Mace' have been founts of knowledge. The
impression I got is that even BMIHT can't say exactly the last number used
in all the sequences.

I wonder how does this fits in then with being able to get total production
numbers for each run/year?

Suzie