RE: RE: Fire extinguishers

To: "'Mostrom, Paul'" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: RE: Fire extinguishers
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:30:57 -0600
I got One !!!!!!

I had a 71 GTO that the carb was giving me fits. When it was cold I would
have to take off the air cleaner and physically hold open the choke
butterfly to get it to start. The thing would spit back fire through the
carb at times. This one cold night my wife was doing the key duty and there
I was wearing an old green army jacket with the big sleeves, needless to say
the fumes got up the sleeve and in the zipped up jacket. The carb spit back
and ignited the fumes ! A big flash and I felt the heat on my chest, I
didn't catch fire but it burnt the hair off my chest, eyebrows, and eye
lashes.....
Stunk too