Re: Chevy 327 V8-Engined Spitfire

To: SpitfiresRule@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chevy 327 V8-Engined Spitfire
From: "dayton carpenter" <djcarpen@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:13:58 PST
The big problem with the Chevy 327 V-8 is it will be very heavy compared to
the Spitfire 1500cc unless you use Aluminum heads. Even so it will be nose
heavy and will handle like %^$#.  Maybe great for street line shots but
corners will be another story.  I looked at using the 350 since it has the
same dimensions as the 327 but more CU Inches and power.  The 327/350 was
going to be too heavy and long.  I would have to encroach the passenger
compartment to make it fit.  The Chevy 4.3L was short enough and light
enough to avoid this problems.

Just my 2 mao (Chinese currency = 2.2 cents)

Dayton