Re: Fuel Tank Venting - BASIC

To: "Patrick Baize" <speedracre@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank Venting - BASIC
From: "Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 22:12:41 -0600
Thanks, Patrick,
     I finished cleaning out my vent plumbing today.  My 78 Federal had only
two restrictors - the forward one in the main center hole of the canister,
and the other one next to the vapor separator back aft atop the fuel tank.
This set-up coincides with Bentley/Haynes for the 78 federal models; it
appears that the vent system in my car is stock & was unmolested by previous
owners (surprise!).
     Having already cleaned out the canisters, I today unhooked all the vent
hoses and tubes, and sighted through them and/or blew through them; all
seemed well, and everything is now properly clamped back together.  Result:
No more major SWOOSH when opening the fuel-cap.

Thanx again,  Ree G. in Silver Spring, MD  -  78 Spit  FM73070U O