electric fuel pump

To: "spit" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <speedracre@netzero.net>
Subject: electric fuel pump
From: "James Libecco" <jfl@neoucom.edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 00:02:13 -0500
I have this same pump on my 76.  It had been on the car for a while when I
got it and I have used it for almost three years now.  Really makes a
clatter until the fuel runs through it and then is still audible, but at a
much lower volume.

This noise is far more accurate than my fuel gauge at notifying me that I am
nearing the end of a tank of fuel.  Consider it an added bonus feature, if
you will.

jim

>I went to The car parts place and purchased a purolator Electric Fuel pump.
After installing it, it made a loud racket until fuel started going thru.
This is Normal,   HOWEVER, It still continues to make the load racket about
half the time it is running.

>All of you with electric fuel pumps, please confirm that it should only be
low drone all the time. I suspect I will take it back and get a different
brand.