electric fuel pump

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: electric fuel pump
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 08:50:32 -0500
I've managed to purchase an electric fuel pump that is not supposed to be
used with tanks that have "vapor return lines".  According to the
installation instructions, the pump will not operate properly on these tanks.

My '76 has a vapor line but it feeds directly to my carbon cannister, is
this what they mean by a vapor return line? And if so, what problems will I
cause by "capping" the outlet that this vapor line runs off of?

I'd like to get rid of my carbon canister anyhow, so I'd like to know what
can of worms I'd be opening if I try to cap that vapor return line.

-Terry L. Thompson
'76 Spit 1500
Maryland