Overdrive advice and SUs...

To: andyw@telus.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive advice and SUs...
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:18:48 EST
Andy,

For what it's worth (<$0.02), I know a guy who drove a pretty ragged 1500
Spit (4 spd.) from Virginia to B.C. and back last Summer. His only problem
was with his back. I think I would be more concerned with fundamental engine
health questions like the valves, cooling, or the thrust washers, rather than
the # of revs. (Aspirin is cheaper than an OD transmission). Anyway, such
trips are supposed to be adventures. In 1970, My Fiat 124 threw a water pump
in Banff NP, AB and I had be towed on a rope 150 miles to Calgary behind a
'53 Mercury. Now that was a great trip!

Tom Burke
80 Spit