RE: Twin SU Conversion - Larger Fuel Pump?

To: "'SpitfiresRule@aol.com'" <SpitfiresRule@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Twin SU Conversion - Larger Fuel Pump?
From: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:20:23 -0500
I switched to the Grose ball type and cured my leaky float bowl problems.
Of course, the 'stock' needles were worn badly, but why not upgrade.
Speaking of fuel pumps and leaks; mine has a slight leak out of the screw on
the top of it.  It seems like the fuel evaporates before it can run down on
the starter.  I will replace the gasket on the fuel pump cover to eliminate
the leak.

Just FYI, check to see if your pump leaks fuel on your starter; it could be
hazardous.

Terry Banbury
Mk III