Re: Oil Filter Defeated: New Problem

To: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Filter Defeated: New Problem
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 20:33:49 -0800
Jeff,
  FWIW, I'd look into a helicoil - I personally haven't used them, but
I've heard they work pretty good.  That plate above the rear of the oil
pan is an alloy, therefore easily stripped out.  It seems to me that the
oil pan requires a couple of different (shorter) bolts for those
holes... might be a PO over-did the torque on those babys.  Hopefully
someone with helicoil experience will speak up...

Peter Ficklin
'63 & '68 Spits
Fresno, CA
- - - - -

Jeff McNeal wrote:

<SNIP>
>  I noticed that one
> of the bolts is missing (one of the two center bolts in the rear of the pan)
> and the threads in the block are stripped.

<more SNIP>