Re: Reupholstery tips?

To: jmcneal@ohms.com
Subject: Re: Reupholstery tips?
From: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 08:02:11 PST

Jeff:

I bought seat covers and foams for my '73 Spit last Spring.  I originally
intended to recover the seats myself but, after consideration, took them to
a pro shop.  I'm really glad I did.

Lot's of folks do the work themselves with excellent results.  I felt better
about letting a pro do the stretching, etc. so that I wouldn't rip the
material (and raise my blood pressure to a dangerous level).  While the
seats were out I took the time to sandblast and paint the seat rails and do
some interior detailing.  Good luck with your project.

Best regards,

Walt Fogle

'73 Spitfire 1500
'69 TR6