Reupholstery tips?

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reupholstery tips?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 18:13:11 -0800
Hello all.  I took advantage of a winter sale and bought some new seat
covers, foams and squab fillers for my Spitfire.

The seat foams look easy enough to figure out but they came with a
"stiffener" piece that I have no idea what to do with.

Additionally, the horsehair and batting that came for the seat back is a
mystery to me.  If anyone has done this before, I'd apprecate a helping
hand.  If I can do this myself, I will and publish a "how-to" on my website.
If I can't, I'll just hand the whole thing over to a professional
upholsterer and say "here".

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego