front hub grease seal

To: "spitfire list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: front hub grease seal
From: "Patrick Bowen" <pabowen@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:51:08 -0500
I am currently rebuilding my front axles and have one simple question.  The
felt front hub grease seal, can it be reused.  it looks fine (just greasy).
I am losing the desire quickly to replace every blasted seal on this car and
then wait two weeks for it to arrive.  any troubles doing this.

Also, from those of you who have had your frames professionaly painted, how
much did you pay.  Mine is completely stripped down, with no prep work
necessary and one local shop quoted me $600!!!  I told them they were nuts
and that all I needed was 15 minutes of spraying (if that, I imagine it
would take longer to mix the paint)  Maybe I should paint it myself.

Patrick Bowen