Re: Spitfire gets praised and picked on!

To: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire gets praised and picked on!
From: "Thomas Carney" <gt6plus@gis.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 15:40:08 -0500
  I think we are reffering to what was called "jacking"  in the early
spitfires and even more noticeable in the Mk1 GT6.  Increased Power on an
already questionable rear suspension= big no no.  There is a great picture
of what happens to the outside rear tire on hard turning in the "Spitfire
and GT6 Guide to Originality".  Caption says something in the words of
terminal oversteering occures that is even hard for a professional to get
out of.  Never happened to me but sounds like extreme cases can be
disasturous.  After the Rotoflex and the swingspring, the cars could be
whipped around turns with no fear of jacking at least.

Tom
GT6+ "more sting and more cling"