Re: return of Excess Crancase Pressure thread...

To: <HD883HUGGR@aol.com>
Subject: Re: return of Excess Crancase Pressure thread...
From: "Michael Altomare" <MTAltomare@Prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 17:53:47 -0500
I did something very similar on my 1500.  I previously added an electric
fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator when I changed my carb to the 32/36
Weber and Canon manifold.  I made a plate with a 1/2 inch diameter threaded
pipe to cover the mechanical fuel pump opening.  I then added a 90 deg.
elbow and a reducer to attach a 3/8 in. dia. hose that goes to a PCV valve
that I added to the manifold.  (I drilled and tapped the spotface already on
the manifold.)  The carb. now stays clean as air is routed to the engine
through the valve cover, and any blowby gasses are vented from the new port
and reintroduced into the intake manifold (like in more "modern" engines).
I did not add a separator bottle to catch oil (hardly any comes through as
judged by my virtually clear exhaust), nor did I vent the line to the
atmosphere (the emmission testers frown on that).  I am happy to report that
the car passed the emmission test that we now have in the Atlanta area with
no problems.

Michael Altomare
'77 Spitfire 1500
Kennesaw, GA